Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Posted in Perfect Household

Things you should know about mould testing and inspection

Things you should know about mould testing and inspection

Mould is one of the most common problem house owners are dealing with on a daily basis. If you think you are about to deal with this fungus, you should not neglect this matter. Although the substance is not dangerous per se, inhaling it can lead to serious respiratory problems, rashes and allergies. For this reason, you have to eliminate it right away. Nowadays, there are specialised companies, such as, providing testing and removal services aimed to prevent damage. Call them and ask for a professional inspection, during which experienced individuals will be looking for mould growth inside your house. Here are some relevant facts you need to know about testing and inspections.

They need to be performed by a qualified inspector

Taking into consideration that mould becomes dangerous the moment its spores are spread in the air and inhaled, you should avoid trying to remove it by yourself. An experienced tester will make sure everything takes place according to some security measures, leaving the environment affected clean and safe. General, these people have formal training and use special tools in order to avoid risks.

Inspections and testing are two different operations

A lot of people confuse these two processes, but the truth is they are quite different. While during the inspection, someone is actually searching for mould and for its sources, testing occurs after the fungus has been discovered. During the inspection, experts are trying to identify water damages, potential leaks, strange odours, high humidity level and other signs that indicate the presence of mould. Testing is necessary to find out to which category the fungus begins, since there are dozens of types of mould out there, both toxic and harmless.

Inspections are systematic operations

Generally, when an inspector reaches your property they are initially checking the areas that are prone to mould emergence. These are humid spaces, such as ceilings, room corners and windows or door frames. However, the inside of the walls are also verified, since they cannot reached by house owners without the use of special tools. You may be surprised to discover that in some buildings and structures, mould growth is actually normal and harmless.

Moisture control is extremely important

Given the fact that humidity is the main element that “feeds” the fungus, locating and controlling moisture sources is highly important. If you want to get rid of mould, you need to make sure you fix any potential water damage and prevent it from infiltrating inside your home.